The main objective of Iran's Economic Essays is to provide an intellectual platform for national and international researchers to discuss their most recent findings related to Islamic economics in Iran. By doing so, the journal hopes to improve the status of the field in Iran and in the world and to find solutions to theoretical and practical problems the profession is faced with. To serve this purpose, researchers are encouraged to submit their unpublished, original, full-length papers for potential publication in the journal.
The journal is set to publish original articles on a wide range of issues including;
- Theorizing on the principles of the school and the economic system of Islam such as social and economic justice, the role of the state and the market, the system of ownership, etc., with the help of the method of explaining and reforming macroeconomic policies of the country;
- Explaining and presenting the Islamic – Iranian pattern of development;
- Theoretical researches in the field of Islamicization and localization of economics;
- The scientific analysis of the behavior of economic agents in the Islamic society of Iran in areas such as production, distribution, consumption, saving and investment ...;
- Theoretical and applied research in order to optimize and improve the level of performance of Islamic monetary, banking and financial institutions;
- Application of the new – emergent knowledge of Islamic economics with regard to the issues and challenges of Iran's economy;
- Review of existing schools and thoughts from the point of view of national and Islamic considerations;
- Review of policies, programs, institutions and economic laws of the country with the Islamic approach;
- Theoretical and applied research in solving the economic problems of the Islamic system;
- Interdisciplinary research in areas such as Islamic jurisprudence (Fiqh) and economic rights, environmental economics and political economy of Iran;
- Utilization of natural resources (Anfal) in the country with the Islamic economics approach;
To let individual researchers and libraries have access to the most recent research findings in the field, the journal allows open-access to its articles. This journal utilizes the Magiran and Noormags preservation systems to create a distributed archiving system for individual and libraries and to permit libraries stakeholders to create permanent archives of the journal.